Home / Shop
Proficient Foundational Reading Curriculum Kit (First-grade Equivalent)
IMPORTANT: This curriculum kit is for families brand-new to Pathways. If you have used our Basic Kit in the past, please purchase our Proficient ADD-ON.
Our Proficient Foundational Reading helps your child continue his/her path towards reading success! This program includes:
- Phonemic Awareness
- Writing Instruction
- Introduction to Grammar
With our Self-Paced Guide, you will be able to differentiate your child's needs and be provided with ample material to review and reinforce concepts at your child's own pace. Here is what will come in this curriculum kit:
- Home Educator's Guide
- Reinforcement Activity Books
- Self-Paced Guide
- Flip & Assist
- Vowel Town
- Dive Into Reading Decodable Material
- Decodable Books
- SNAP Cards
- Magnetic Letter Board and Letters
- Mouth Pictures
- ABC Chart
- Student-Assist Arrow
- Screech Puppet
Placement Guide: In order for your child to have success for this program, he/she will need to have these pre-requisite skills. If your child does not demonstrate proficiency in these areas, we highly recommend you start with our Basic Foundational Reading program.
- Identify letter name and sound for -a, -e, -i, -o, -u
- Identify letter name and sound for -b, -c, -d, -f, -g, -h, -j, -k, -l, -m, -n, -p, -qu, -r, -s, -t, -v, -w, -x, -y, -z
- Know directions (left, right, top, bottom)
- Identify a straight line, slanted line, circle
- Segment CVC words ("sat" into /s/, /a/, /t/)
- Blend CVC words
- Spell CVC words with short vowels and basic consonants.
- Demonstrate familiarity with long vowel sounds.